System Administrator – Full Time Position Available
Requirement Qualifications include: at least 2 years' experience as a Linux systems administration preferred or equivalent level training and or experience but not a requirement; experience using and supporting Windows-based technologies; understanding and basic knowledge of network and TCP/IP technologies; experience installing and troubleshooting computer peripherals; excellent customer service and communication skills; knowledge and experience editing HTML and CSS; experience with building virtual Linux servers with VMware; understand Systems administration concepts of HTTP, SSH, FTP, POP3, SMTP and DNS are major pluses.
Preferred Qualifications include: experience providing Tier I IT service desk support and tracking requests via a ticket system; basic configuration of Cisco switches; building and racking server hardware in a datacenter environment; aptitude to rapidly research and learn any required skill or subject.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and troubleshoot various operating systems including: Linux and UNIX based systems, Windows Server 2003 – 2012 Server Management.
- Administer VMWare Suite including vCenter 4.0 – 5.1 deployment/configuration, vMotion, HA, cloning, deployment of ESXI hosts, VMtools, and Snapshot Management.
- Manage the recovery, maintenance, and auditing of virtual/physical server backups.
- Identify and remediate platform security vulnerabilities to prevent security threats and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Implement firewall policy management of APF, Windows Firewall, Symantec Endpoint Network Threat Protection, and VMware vShield Edge.
- Administer Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint 2013 Foundation Servers.
- Manage authoritative and non-authoritative DNS servers for internal and external DNS entries: create A and SPF records, TXT, MX, and update seriel to initiate DNS propagation.
- Oversee operational Data Center growth through patch panel installation, cable management and tracking of environment variables.
- Provide technical support via phone and remotely utilizing Citrix based systems such as GotoAssist.
- Served as a technical point of contact for issues concerning server/systems operations.
- Completed detailed trouble logs of server errors for analysis.
- Troubleshot server/system problems, diagnosed server/system failures to isolate source of the problems and resolve problem through working with clients and NOC support team.
- Maintained client/server Database with up-to-date server information, server location, APC information, IP Addresses and Passwords.
- Serviced trouble tickets utilizing remote desktop, direct phone technical support, and escalated to senior support if necessary.
*Shift Differential available* MUST be available to work the night shift: Please e-mail resume to